EVANS 12 BORE SIDELOCK EJECTOR GAME GUN - VERY NICE WOOD - EXCELLENT BORES & WALL THICKNESS - Dolls Head Third Bite - 2 1/2" Chambers - 15" LOP - 6 Lbs. 14 Oz. - Complete Restoration by the Talents of Abe Chaber ///////////////////////// #9069, William Evans (From Purdey's) 63 Pall Mall, St. James's, London: An Evans Bar Action Sidelock Ejector 12 Bore Game Gun Made in 1908 with 28" Ejector Dovetail Lump Barrels with a rib extension Dolls Head Third Bite, London Nitro Proved at 1 1/8 ounce with 2 1/2" chambers, The bores at .732 .010 & .010 (Imp.Cyl. & Imp.Cyl.), 2 1/2" chambers, Wall thickness on the right at .033" and the left barrel at .032", Bushed strikers, Double triggers, 10% coverage of border engraving with some scroll, Splinter forend with an Anson release, Straight hand stock at 15 x 1 3/8 x 2 7/16" over a removable 1" leather pad, Neutral stock that is ideal for the right or left hand, 6 lbs. 14 oz., This gun has an excellent piece of wood with dark brown & black colors and displays excellent color and contrast, No case colors left but it has a nice patina; The bores are excellent and remain bright and shiny with very slight surface blemishes, and I mean very slight, This gun recently had a complete restoration at the very able hands of Mr. Abe Chaber, He knows what he is doing and it remains 99% since he did the barrels and the stock. Here is a very solid English Game Gun, properly restored with excellent bore condition, excellent wall thickness, smack on the face, the dolls head fits like day one, proper weight and it has very nice curb appeal with this wood. /////////////// Mr. William Evans worked at both Purdey and Holland & Holland and started at 91a Buckingham Palace Road in 1883 and the firm was Gunmakers to H. R. H. Duke of Connaught. On February 23rd, 1944, just before 10.45pm, a wartime bomb killing 8 civilians and wounding more than 50 others hit Pall Mall. The company's premises at No 63 was badly damaged and, as a result, the company was forced to move around the corner to 67 St.James's Street where it has remained ever since and still operates to this day.