|UPS accepts packages containing firearms (as defined
by Title 18, Chapter 44, and Title 26, Chapter 53 of the United States
Code) for transportation from and between licensed importers, licensed
manufacturers, licensed dealers, and licensed collectors (as defined in
Title 18, Chapter 44 of the United States Code), law enforcement
agencies of the United States (or of any department or agency of the
United States), law enforcement agencies of any state or department
agency (or political subdivision of any state), from and between persons
not otherwise prohibited from shipping firearms by federal, state or
local law, and when such shipment complies with all federal, state and
local laws applicable to the shipper, recipient, and package.
- Handguns, as defined by 18 U.S.C. § 921,will be accepted for
transportation only via UPS Next Day Air Services, specifically, UPS
Next Day Air® Early A.M.®, UPS Next Day Air®, and UPS Next Day Air Saver®. (Note: UPS Express CriticalSM Service is not available for firearms).
- UPS accepts firearm parts for shipment, provided the part is not a
"firearm" as defined under federal law; the contents of the package
cannot be assembled to form a firearm; and the package otherwise
complies with federal, state, and local law. (Note:
Receivers or frames of a firearm, firearm mufflers and silencers are
considered "firearms" and are accepted for transportation only if
shipped in accordance with UPS's requirements for shipping firearms.)
- UPS does not accept automatic weapons, including machine guns, for shipment.
- Firearms (including handguns) and firearm parts are not accepted for shipment internationally.
- UPS ReturnsSM Services are not available for packages containing firearms.