To create a new listing place our mouse curser over the "Sellers Tools" on the navy blue navigational bar. A drop down box will appear, then click either Add Gun Listing or Add Gun Part & Accessory or Add Service Listing. If you do not have a method of payment on file, a pop up will come up to fill in your credit card information. Once the information is on file, you may proceed to the add gun listing or add gun related listing. Once you have clicked the appropriated add listing button, the Listing form will pop up.
- Choose from the drop down menu the category you would like your gun (item) listed in. If you would like it listed in a second category then choose another from the second category drop down list.
- Fill in the title description, this would be the maker, model and gauge or caliber for example.
- If you have your own inventory control numbers this field has been provided as your listing number. A GunsInternational.com number will also be generated in your listing for reference purposes.
- Complete the Description box with relevant information you would like a buyer to know about this gun.
- Enter a price in the Price box.
- Check the boxes Curio & Relic or Antique if they apply so that your listing will be included in a Curio & Relic or Antique search.
- If completing the Preset listing portion on the add gun listing, fill in any fields that apply. The Preset Listing page has the extra option of having the pre set fields separated out in your listing. No field on the pre sets is required, as it is a universal gun listing page.
Lastly, you need to complete the photo uploads section.
Select the photo off your computer to upload to the server.
Recommended minimum image size is 1500 pixels wide. We can accept jpeg, jpg, gif and png files only.
Anything smaller will not be increased in size to preserve clarity and will be smaller on the site.
Anything larger than 1500 pixels will be able to be upsized with our enlargement icon
located in the upper left corner of the opened image on GunsInternational.com. Maximinum display is 3,000 px wide or high.
If you need to reduce the size of your photos please refer to Crop or Resize photos in our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s). The FAQ’s link can be accessed in the left of your screen in the red tool bar buttons. One word of advice here, photos sell guns so be sure to take advantage of all image slots provided with your listing. Also, don't redirect someone to a photo site or tell them you will email more....that is a road block to sales.
Loading the photo's should be done as follows:
Option A Multi Photo Upload Instructions
Option B Individual Photo File Upload Instructions
- Click Option A Upload Tab below.
- Click the Green "Add Images" button below.
- The File Upload box will open. Locate the images that you wish to upload for this listing. (Images must be saved to your hard drive or another storage device connected to your computer)
- Hold down your control (CTRL) button and left click, or drag and highlight on all the images you wish to use on this listing.
- Click the open button in the bottom right corner.
- You will see the upload progress. When complete all image thumbnails will display a delete button next to the image.
- You may now drag the images to different positions to change the order, or leave them in the order they loaded. NOTE the photo in position one will be your lead photo in the preview, therefore, have the first photo be your best.
- When you are finished, remember to scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "add listing" button.
- This process may take a while, WAIT until all images have loaded before clicking the "add Listing" Button.
- Click the Option B Upload Tab below.
- Click the Upload link to the right of the photo position.
- Click the Browse button in the pop up window. (Safari Users Choose File Button)
- A window will open for you to browse the files on your computer. Using the "Look in" drop down arrow locate where your photos are saved on your computer. Perhaps within the My Photos folder under My Documents or perhaps you are uploading from a removable card from your Camera.
- Once you have located the correct photo file/photo double left click on the file /photo that you wish to upload.
- Click on the upload the file button.
- You will now see the photo that you are going to upload in that position. If this is not the correct photo, simply delete and repeat the process on that same photo position.
- Repeat this photo upload process until you have uploaded all the photos you wish to have with this listing. When you are finished, remember to scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "add listing" button.
When you are finished, remember to scroll to the bottom of the page and click the “add listing” button to submit your listing. You will now view a preview of the listing you added. Three options are now presented 1. Add another listing 2. View all your listings or 3. Return to home page. If you notice an error in the view then choose View all your listings and you can edit from that page.
When finished you may simply click another area on the GunsInternational.com site. Perhaps the "New Today" under buyer tools to check out your new listings. A cautionary word here. For the safety and security of our members account your sign in will time out in 60 minutes. Should you be distracted while adding a listing, your account will still time out. This will result in an error message when you submit after you have been signed out. A tip here, refresh your add listing page just before starting to complete the page to extend your time.