WILLIAM EVANS 375 FLANGED MAG N. E.- ORIG & EXC 1933 CLASSIC- WEBLEY ACTION- EXC PLUS BORES- 26" EJECT CHOPPER LUMP- SOLID PIECE
Guns International #: 100814077 Seller's Inventory #: y51
Category: Double Rifles - English - Rifles - African Dangerous Game Safari Double
When emailing or calling sellers direct, please mention that you saw their listing on GunsInternational.com
Company: Champlin Firearms Inc.
Member Since: 11/19/07
First Name: George
Last Name: Caswell
Country: United States
Seller: FFL Dealer
Return Policy: 3 day inspection and return policy on used guns.
5 Plus Days
Payment Types Accepted:
#16326, William Evans, 63 Pall Mall, St. James's, London: A William Evans 375 Flanged Magnum Nitro Express Made in the Golden Era of 1933 for Mr. L.E.S. Mitchell from Southampton, Made on the Great Webley Long Bar Action, The Webley number is 14045, 26" Ejector Chopper Lump Barrels with a dolls head third bite, 1/4 rib & 1 standing & 2 folding; Night sight with a fine bead forward, Proved at 54 Cordite with a 300 grain bullet, Bushed strikers, Double triggers, No cheekpiece, It will work great for the right or left hand, Sling eyes, 14 5/8" LOP over the original 3/4" Silvers pad, The proper and correct 375 Flanged Magnum weight of 9 lbs. 8 oz., 85% coverage of Evans scroll engraving, Very nice wood with nice color & contrast, The wood fore & aft remains very solid and as stout as it was in 1933, The barrels retain absolute original 88-90% blue, 15% original case colors, Original stock finish at 85% plus, The original checkering is 90%, The good news here is the bores remain excellent plus, The inside of the forend has 90% vivid case colors, The piece remains smack on the face with a lot of bite left, Cased in a leather trunk that is from a later period. This is flat out one nice rifle in a great cartridge from the absolute Golden period of modern and classic British guns, plus it is on the great Webley action. ///////////////////////////////////// Mr. William Evans worked at both Purdey and Holland & Holland and started at 91a Buckingham Palace Road in 1883 and the firm was Gunmakers to H. R. H. Duke of Connaught. On February 23rd, 1944, just before 10:45pm, a wartime bomb killing 8 civilians and wounding more than 50 others hit Pall Mall. The company's premises at No 63 were badly damaged and, as a result, the company was forced to move around the corner to 67A St. James's Street where it has remained ever since and still operates to this day as one of the U K’s few remaining independent Gunmakers. They are located in the heart of Mayfair on St. James Street a short distance from Jermyn Street and Piccadilly Circus in the heart of London's historic district. Check there great offerings at williamevans.