Guns International Logo
Guns International #: 100163732   Seller's Inventory #: y729
Category - Rifles - English Sporting       

Seller's Information
When emailing or calling sellers direct, please mention that you saw their listing on
Seller: Champlin
Company: Champlin Firearms Inc.
Member Since: 11/19/07
First Name: George
Last Name: Caswell
State: Oklahoma
Zip: 73702
Country: United States
Phone: 580-237-7388
Platinum Seller
Seller: FFL Dealer
Return Policy: 3 day inspection and return policy on used guns.
5 Plus Days
Payment Types Accepted:
Verified Seller


#13141, Charles Lancaster, 99 Mount Street, Berkeley Square, London: A Lancaster Back Action Sidelock Ejector "Spring-Cocked" 450/400 3 1/4" Nitro Express, Also referred to as the Lancaster Wrist Breaker, The gun was made in 1909 with this new set of barrels added in 1928 with 26" Ejector Chopper Lump Barrels with Rib Extension Dolls Head plus Third Bite, London nitro proved at 60 Cordite & 400 grain bullet, Full length rib with 1 standing & 1 folding rear sights, Scope bases installed on the 1928 barrels, Bolstered frame, Side clip action body, Bushed strikers, Bolted safety, Long extended tang over the stock comb, Double triggers, Lever forend release, Checkered trigger guard tang, Shadowline cheekpiece, Extremely solid wood both fore & aft, 14 7/16" LOP over a 1/2" Silvers pad, 10 lbs., 85% coverage of period engraving, The barrel blue is at 88%, A nice patina on the action body, The stock & checkering is at 90%, The bores are excellent to excellent plus, It is accurate and has proven its mettle in Africa on Elephant & Buffalo. It is cased in a vintage, but nice condition, brass cornered oak & leather trunk with a full compliment of accessories. I am sure it was rebarreled in 1928 as the barrels carry both the serial #13141 & the #14515 with a Mount Street address. Both barrels are stamped "CL" for Charles Lancaster. This is a neat Sidelock double rifle that is very unusual in the market place and it has another century of service ahead of it with an action, bores and wood as stout as one could hope to find. /////////////////////// In the 1930's Lancaster joined with Hussey, Atkin, Beesley, Hellis and Watson Brothers until 1960 when it became Atkin, Grant & Lang. Of particular interest with a firm like Grant & Lang taking the name Charles Lancaster in the 1930's is the fact that Stephen Grant came to London and went to work for Charles Lancaster. Mr. Grant became the managing partner of Boss & Co. in 1856. Then in 1867 he established his own business at 67a St. James's Street in the heart of the London gun quarter. The records show that the Charles Lancaster firm as a separate entity ceased to exist in 1932 when Grant and Lang bought it. The name Lancaster then was at 7 Bury after the mid-1930's when Grant & Lang purchased it.

Price: $36,950.00

Curio/Relic: Yes