Deluxe Grulla 216 Round Body 12 Gauge shotgun Exhibition Turkish Walnut, 2 Barrel Sets Upgraded to Chrome Nickel Steel, Canvas Over Leather Hardcase.
Guns International #: 100957059 Seller's Inventory #:
Category: Grulla Armas Shotguns - Shotguns - Spanish Double
When emailing or calling sellers direct, please mention that you saw their listing on GunsInternational.com
Member Since: 2/2/13
Country: United States
Phone: (971) 701-0406
Number of Active Listings: 12
Total Number of Listings: 33
Seller: Private Seller
Return Policy: 3 day inspection and return policy on used guns.
Payment Types Accepted: Personal check, cashier's check, and money order
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE AD AND LOOK AT ALL THE GORGEOUS PICTURES BEFORE RESPONDING SO YOU WILL UNDERSTAND THE VALUE OF THIS WONDERFUL GUN AND WHY I AM SELLING IT, AND FOR $10,499. , That is over $11,500 less than what I have in the gun, and I ordered it at a reduced price straight from Grulla Armas. The retail price for the gun was over $22,000 with all the upgrades and two sets of chrome-nickel-steel barrels. Grulla sold it to me for 17K plus, and I am into it another 2K for the barrel blueprinting work. It's normal to get this work done on any fine high end double gun or competition doulbe gun once you get it new from the factory. This blueprinting refers to increasing the pattern efficiency and coordinating the point of impact for all 4 barrels (2 barrel sets) by renowned barrel smith Jim Eyster of Heritage Gunworks of Pennsylvania. He's known as the best guy in the US for side by sides.
This is a deluxe Grulla 216 RB shotgun in every regard. Following features:
1. Exhibition Grade Turkish Walnut
2. Upgraded to Rust Blued Barrels - courtesy of Griffin & Howe after Jim Eyster (the top SXS barrel smith in USA) blueprinted the barrels for patterning.
3. Both barrel sets upgraded to Chrome Nickel Steel from standard Nickel Steel Barrels - a $4,000 upgrade - barrels will be stronger and more corrosion resistant. You should know about this if you love side by side shotguns. It is a standard 2K upgrade per barrel set for these on side by sides under 45K.
4. First barrel set: fixed chokes: 15/100ths RT barrel (light modified) and 25/1000ths LEFT barrel (limproved modified - works great on clays course and bird hunting - fixed chokes.
5. 2nd barrel set - set of Briley thinwalls - the first two are more open for steel shot to give light modified and modified pattern 5/1000ths right barrel and 12/1000ths left barrel - I have not shot steel through them, just got them done that way so they would work with steel. The other three are 36/1000ths full, 28/1000ths textbook improved modified, and 18/1000ths.
6. One splinter forend and one low profile semi-beavertail forend, and both from the same blank of wood as the buttstock, so they all match.
7. Engraving pattern upgraded to the "Grulla Supreme" pattern. Finish is a soft case color that has faded to between an old silver with case colors remaining. This was done at the advice of Inigo Usobiaga, the Export Manager for Grulla who now runs the company. He is the son of the founder. The father still works there. Inigo said this type of finish would bring out the best for this type of engraving pattern.
8. Gun is balanced on hinge pin and fine tuning for trigger pulls done by British SXS Gunsmith Dale Tate.
9. Length of pull is at 14 3/4 and you can change this by switching to a thicker pad that is already cut to fit by Wineg Gunstocks. Jerry at Wineg did the work on it. I have the pad. It will increase the length of pull to 15 inches. Consequently, you can have a gunsmith grind either pad down for a shorter length of pull. Use the thicker pad/longer length of pull for your summer /hot weather shooting where you are wearing light/thinner clothing, and the thinner pad/shorter length of pull for your winter shooting where you might be wearing a jacket or coat.
10. Both barrels are same weight and length, which is 29 inches. This is so they will have the same balance and swing. Historically, the British considered the 29 inch length the best for quick handling on short shots while being able to take 45 -50 yard shots no problem. They are right in this regard. I chose this length after talking with CHRIS BATHA, British Master Gunfitter and Level 3 Sporting Clays Instructor who fitted the British Royal Family for their guns. I can attest that I like the 29 inch barrels on long shots over 28's. And I shot the close shots, inside 15 yards, no problems at all.
11. Measurements: Drop At Comb: 1.5 inches, Drop At Heel: 2 1/8, Cast Off 3/8 inch, Toe Out: Additional 1/8th inch. Length of Pull: 14 3/4 inches, and 15 by switching recoil pads, which are High End Kick EEZ pads.
12. Canvas Over Leather Case. Will throw in a few hundred dollars worth of extra leaf springs for the side lock action, and disc set strikers,
13. For free a $500 soft leather carry case from Grulla which can carry both the gun and the 2nd barrel set. I will provide this free because the strap on the 2nd barrel set case is a little short, but any leather smith should be able to fix it for not much.
14. Small, fine engraving of pointing dog on bottom of receiver.
15. Gun patterns like a dream! Carries very well, and handles very quick and stable. Gun weighs 7.42 pounds and feels like a 6.0 - 6.5 pound gun. Chambered in 3 inch magnum 12 Gauge, this is an appropriate gun weight. I doubt you will ever need to shoot anything more than 2 3/4 inch shell of 1 1/4 ounces of 4's to 6's at 1275fps to 1330 fps to hammer any bird out to 45-50 yards because this gun patterns so well. I didn't have time to test a bunch of loads in it to see what it likes best. I simply let Jim Eyster do his thing and I put Winchester 2 3/4 inch 1 1/4 ounce of 6's at 1330 fps and have hammered 4 turkeys with that. You might find if you play around with it, you can get an ounce and an eighth to pattern better. That's what Jim Eyster told me, and he would know. 1 ounce loads of 7.5's at 1250 fps work great as a target and grouse/quail load. Gun has less than 1500 - 2000 shots through it. That means you have 98 - 99 percent of the life left in it before you have to re-tighten the receiver. Grulla uses a very high carbon steel in this receiver, and Inigo at Grulla told me it should go 100,0000 rounds before having to tighten the receiver.
16. Guns come standard with disc set strikers and gas escape valves. This adds to reliability, safety, and longevity of the gun. Double triggers and fine tuning trigger work done by Dale Tate.
17. NOTE: This is a $20,000 custom shotgun due to all the upgrades and two sets of chrome nickel steel barrels and extra forend, and the biggest names in the SXS industry all had something to do with it coming together: Grulla Armas - known for strong actions and custom features, Chris Batha - World Reknown Master Gunfitter and High Level Sporting Clays Instructor, Dale Tate Master SXS Gunsmith, and Jim Eyster of Heritage Gunworks - known as top level SXS barrelsmith in this country who performed the exceptional patterning work for this gun, and Griffin & Howe for the rust blueing ($550 per barrel set) after the patterning work was done. It is a satin finish on the rust blueing, so glare is not an issue when hunting.
18. You're getting the best there is in a Spanish Gun. You will break a lot of targets and kill a lot of birds with it. The gun will last. And it's quite frankly, the best looking gun I have ever owned and my third custom gun. I currently have no other custom guns to sell. I am selling this one only because I am building a custom home. I was going to just buy an existing home, but the builders in the area don't seem to know how large a living room should be, and I got tired of looking at 14 x 16 foot living rooms to 17x18 ft ones, when what I want is at least an 18 x 36. You see the problem. I have a builder, and an approval on a VA loan. Now I just need money to get the build started. I am not doing a VA construction loan, just a regular one to keep the interest rate down, but the builder requires $15,000 earnest money, which is a bargain, then he will roll with the build. So I am offering this one of a kind shotgun at a very attractive price.
Manufacturer: Grulla Armas
Model: 216 Round Body (RB)
Bore: 12 Gauge
Chambers: 3 inch
Ejectors: Selective Ejectors
Metal Condition: Excellent
Wood Condition: Excellent
Bore Condition: Excellent
Barrels: 29 inch flat file cut rib
Barrel Type: Chrome Nickel Steel Upgrade
Action: Round Body Side Lock
Triggers: Double Triggers
Gauge: 12 Gauge
Stock: Exhibition Turkish
14 3/4 LOP
Stock Comb: 1 1/2
Stock Heel: 2 inch
Stock Cast: 3/8 inch
Fore End: Splinter and low profile semi-beavertail
Butt Pad: Kick-EEZ, 2 of different lengths
LOP: 14 3/4 and 15 inch depending on which pad is on
Rib: Flat File Cut
Finish: Oil Finish
Weight: 7.42 pounds, feels like 6.5
Sights: Front Bead Shotgun
Manufacture Date: 2014
Chokes: Barrel Set 1 Fixed
Choke Left: 25/1000's Improved Mod
Choke Right: 15/1000's Light Mod
Engraving: Upgraded to Supreme Pattern
Extras: 2nd forend, extra leaf springs and disc set strikers and $500 soft leather case
Case: Deluxe Canvas Over Leather Hardcase
Item Location: Gunsafe at home