W. J. JEFFERY 12 BOXLOCK EJECT- 28" EJECT Bbls.- ENGLISH 2001 PROOF to 2 3/4" from 2 1/2"- Only 6 Lbs 4 Oz. - 15 x 1 11/16 x 2 1/8
Guns International #: 100634779 Seller's Inventory #: y850
Category: Jeffrey (WJ) Shotguns - Shotguns - English
When emailing or calling sellers direct, please mention that you saw their listing on GunsInternational.com
Company: Champlin Firearms Inc.
Member Since: 11/19/07
First Name: George
Last Name: Caswell
Country: United States
Seller: FFL Dealer
Return Policy: 3 day inspection and return policy on used guns.
5 Plus Days
Payment Types Accepted:
#37342, W. J. Jeffery & Co. Ltd., 9 Golden Square, Regent St., London, W. : A Very Nice 12 Bore W. J. Jeffery Boxlock Ejector Made just before or right after WWII, 28" Dovetail Lump Barrels at .734 .008 & .011" (Skt.I & Imp.Cyl.), 2 3/4" chambers, Wall thickness on the right at .023" & .024" on the left, It was original 2 1/2" chambers and then in 2001 it was reproofed to 2 3/4" at 850 BAR in Birmingham, Original Birmingham Nitro proved at 1 1/8 ounce, Double triggers, Splinter forend with an Anson release, Decent wood, Straight hand stock at 15 x 1 11/16 x 2 1/8" over a 3/4" Silvers pad, Cast-Off for the right hand with a slight swept comb, 6 lbs. 4 oz., 95% coverage of scroll engraving that is true of this era, This gun retains 20% original case colors, The barrel blue is a 96%, The stock remains at 94%, The checkering at 98%, The piece is tight on the face, The bores are in excellent condition, The barrels ring with an excellent chime, The wood remains strong & solid in every respect. This is a nice British boxlock that has been very well kept and has a lot of life left. //////////////////////////////////// Jeffery was already well known at the turn of the century but notice was certainly taken with their impressive line of Double Rifles. They had a large range of cartridges from .280, .333, and 404, 450 #2, 475 #2 and the famous 600 Nitro. Jeffery was at the 13 King Street address until 1914, they moved to 26 Bury Street and then to 9 Golden Square in 1927 (The address of this gun). The Jeffery firm remained in business until 1955, in 1957 Westley Richards purchased the firm and then in 1959 it was merged with Holland & Holland.