Civil War Sharpshooters'
Guns International #: 100461220
Seller's Inventory #: Tag M1
Collectibles - Civil War
- Military Collectible U.S.
When emailing or calling sellers direct, please mention that you saw their listing on GunsInternational.com
Seller: NW Ponyexpress
Company: Northwest Ponyexpress
Member Since: 8/21/10
Country: United States
Phone: (208) 762-0740
Fax: (208) 762-0749
Number of Active Listings: 0
Seller: FFL Dealer
Return Policy: 3 day inspection and return policy on used guns.
Payment Types Accepted: Credit Cards plus 3%, Checks, M.O.'s
- Civil War Sharpshooter's Outfit
- Outfit consists of cartridge belt with officers buckle, two knives, one with inscription, ornate rosewood-handled axe and belt pouch, drinking flask, sewing kit, and Peace flask with period should strap
- Inscribed and attributed to Joel Rose, Co. K, 1st Regiment, U.S. Sharpshooters
- Bowie knife handle inscription reads "J Rose" left side and "Co. K. 1st Regt. U.S.S.S. Near Petersburg, Va Dec. 15th 1864"
- Enlistment records and Regimental records for 1st Volunteer Sharpshooters available as well as 1955 newspaper article which mentions and shows these items. Joel Rose lived his life in Port Huron, MI., following the war.
- Condition - Excellent overall with the exception of shoulder strap for the Peace flask which shows fraying from use