JEFFERY 475 #2- VERY SOLID WORKING DOUBLE- 24" CHOPPER LUMP Bbls- ACCURATE RIFLE- VERY GOOD BORES
Guns International #: 100411071 Seller's Inventory #: y468
Category: Double Rifles - English - Rifles - African Dangerous Game Safari Double
When emailing or calling sellers direct, please mention that you saw their listing on GunsInternational.com
Company: Champlin Firearms Inc.
Member Since: 11/19/07
First Name: George
Last Name: Caswell
Country: United States
Phone: (580) 237-7388
Seller: FFL Dealer
Return Policy: 3 day inspection and return policy on used guns.
5 Plus Days
Payment Types Accepted:
#16489, W.J. Jeffery, 13 King Street, St. James's St. London: Made Expressly For Lyon & Lyon, Calcutta: 475 #2 Nitro Express Double Rifle Made in 1907 with 24" Chopper Lump Extractor Krupp Steel barrels with dolls head rib extension, 1/4 rib with 1 standing & 4 folding rear sights, Double triggers, Bushed strikers, Scalloped action back, Proved at 80 Cordite with a 500 grain bullet, 14 11/16"" L.O.P. over a 1" Decelerator pad, 10 lbs. 13 oz., Sling eyes, Horn grip cap, The buttstock and forend wood remains solid, The bores are excellent to near excellent plus but the first 2" has some graying, Has the typical Asian buffalo scenes on the side of the action, The barrels have been reblacked & now are at 96%, No case colors remain, Very solid wood that remains stout both fore and aft, The wood was reoiled and the checkering sharpened up, The good news on this piece is the bores and it is accurate. This is a solid working 475 #2 from a great maker. This piece has proven its mettle in Africa with excellent performance. This piece performs with 86 grains RL-15, Fed. 215, 5 grains of dacron & Woodleigh .488 bullets plus it will handle 112 grains of Hodgdon H-4831 with 500 gr. Woodleigh's and it is very accurate. The piece was built 2 years before William Jackman Jeffery died at which time his brother Charles carried on with the business. The Jeffery firm remained in business until 1955, in 1957 Westley Richards purchased the firm and then in 1959 it was merged with Holland & Holland. ///////////////////////// Jeffery was already well known at the turn of the century but notice was certainly taken with their impressive line of Double Rifles. They had a large range of cartridges from .280, .333, and 404, 450 #2, 475 #2 and the famous 600 Nitro. Jeffery was at the 13 King Street address until 1914, they moved to 26 Bury Street and then to 9 Golden Square in 1921. The Jeffery firm remained in business until 1955, in 1957 Westley Richards purchased the firm and then in 1959 it was merged with Holland & Holland.