PURDEY 450/400 2 7/8" BPE- A VERY NICE PURDEY BAR ACTION SIDELOCK FROM 1895- THE BORES REMAIN in EXC. PLUS COND.- EXC. WOOD- AMMO AVAILABLE
Guns International #: 101215418 Seller's Inventory #: y398
Category: Double Rifles - Double Rifles - Small Caliber - .375 & Under
When emailing or calling sellers direct, please mention that you saw their listing on GunsInternational.com
Company: Champlin Firearms Inc.
Member Since: 11/19/07
First Name: George
Last Name: Caswell
Country: United States
Phone: (580) 237-7388
Seller: FFL Dealer
Return Policy: 3 day inspection and return policy on used guns.
5 Plus Days
Payment Types Accepted:
#15476, J. Purdey & Sons, Audley House, South Audley Street, London: A Purdey Bar Action Sidelock Extractor Top Lever Hammerless 450/400 2 7/8" BPE, Made in 1895, 27" Extractor Chopper Lump Whitworth Steel Barrels, The barrels with a rib extension third bite, Full rib with 1 standing rear sight, Sideclip action body, Bushed strikers, London proved, Double triggers with the front articulated, Bolted safety, Engraved steel grip cap, No cheekpiece, Sling eyes, 14 1/2" LOP over a full face checkered butt, Original weight of 7 lbs. 7 oz., 85% coverage of Purdey's classic rose & scroll engraving, An excellent piece of wood with great black/brown contrast, The barrels retain 98% blue and have been very nicely reblacked, The barrel striking is near perfect, This piece has 10% case colors remaining with a very nice patina, The butt & forend are as solid as they were 124 years ago, The stock finish remains at 80% and appears it was oiled a long time ago but totally appears it was not sanded, The checkering is at 90%, The strong point to this gun is the bore condition that remains at excellent plus from throat to muzzle. We have loaded for this gun and have dies that go with it with all the loading information to go with the gun.