Click Photo to Enlarge
Charles Lancaster --- Four-Barrel Pistol --- .476 Eley
Charles Lancaster --- Four-Barrel Pistol --- .476 Eley. Four, 6" drop-down, Lancaster-oval-bore barrels with nickel silver blade front sight. Broad V-notch rear sight. Left-side thumb-lever double-top-latch barrel release. Automatic simultaneous ejection. Tranter-type double-action advance via folding trigger spur extending through detachable triggerguard, and with single-action firing. Checkered walnut birdshead grips. Striated backstrap. Lanyard loop. Assembly number 33 on various internal small parts. Barrel set mostly turned brown and frame blue flaked to about 50%. But, breech face shows no sign of the pistol ever having been fired. All bores simply excellent. Excellent mechanical condition. From the Lancaster records, pistol #8344 was sold in November 1892 to James Herbert Gustavus Meredyth (Lord Athlumley) who was at that time a Lieutenant in the Coldstream Guards. In late 1892 he was attached to, and serving with, the Egyptian Army.