Click Photo to Enlarge
STEPHEN GRANT- 7 x 65R SIDELOCK BEST QUALITY SINGLE SHOT STALKING RIFLE- THE ULTIMATE SINGLE SHOT- OUTSTANDING ENGRAVING by KEITH THOMAS
#24036, Stephen Grant, London: 7 x 65R Sidelock Best Quality Single Shot Break Open Top Lever Stalking Rifle, Made in 1994, Fully engraved by the English Master Mr. Keith Thomas, Mr. Thomas started his craft at Holland & Holland, 26 3/4" Ejector barrel, 1/4 rib with 1 standing & 1 folding Gold lined rear sights, Barrel band front ramp with a fold-up night sight, Sight protector, Barrel band sling swivel, Factory installed Claw Mounts, Zeiss Diavari-Z 1.25 - 4 x 24 scope, Double under lugs with double bite, Single trigger, Rolled trigger guard edge for the right hand, Trigger guard tang to the engraved steel grip cap, Top tang safety, Bolstered frame, Bushed striker, Heavily carved action face, Left side bar action sidelock with the right side a false sideplate, 100% coverage of superb engraving by Mr. Keith Thomas done in a fine scroll with a European Boar on the bottom, Very nice wood with attractive brown/black contrast, Frontal Anson forend release, Sling swivels, 14 1/2" lop over a checkered butt, 9 lbs. without the scope and 10 lbs. 4 oz. with it mounted, It retains 99% original barrel blue, The frame case colors remain at 99.5%, The stock and forend is at 98%, The checkering is 100%, The bore remains as new. It is cased in a brass cornered leather trunk with a lot of accessories. Here is the ultimate Sidelock break open Stalking Rifle that is sleek, proper, handsome and a top-drawer single shot with outstanding engraving by a Master.
Stephen Grant was established in 1867 at the address of this gun, prior to that he worked for Charles Lancaster and later was the Managing Partner at Boss & Co. in 1857. Mr. Grant died January 21, 1898 but the firm lived on. Stephen Grant obtained Warrants of appointment from the Royal Houses of France, Spain, Germany, Austria, Hungary, Russia, Persia and Turkey. In 1925 the firm went with Joseph Lang. In the 1930's Grant & Lang joined with Atkin, Beesley, Hellis, Hussey, Watson Bros. and Lancaster. In 1960 the firm was operating as Atkin, Grant & Lang and by 1971 it was Churchill, Atkin, Grant & Lang. In the 1990's Ken Duglan operated it as AG&L and by mid-2011 Mr. Francis Lovel purchased the business. He was no stranger to the trade as he also owns Francis Lovel & Co. Ltd. (francislovel). Mr. Lovel shortly thereafter started building Grant over & unders, Grant sidelever's, Atkin spring openers, Atkin over & unders, Lang double express rifles and Lang bolt rifles. You can check out their offerings at agl-uk