ATKIN 12 SIDELOCK EJECT- EXC. VALUE- 30" NEW Bbls by HELLIS AFTER 1936- 6 Lbs. 9 Oz.- 15" LOP- SOLID
Guns International #: 100245876 Seller's Inventory #: y7
Category: Atkin Grant & Lang Shotguns - Shotguns - English Double
When emailing or calling sellers direct, please mention that you saw their listing on GunsInternational.com
Company: Champlin Firearms Inc.
Member Since: 11/19/07
First Name: George
Last Name: Caswell
Country: United States
Phone: (580) 237-7388
Seller: FFL Dealer
Return Policy: 3 day inspection and return policy on used guns.
5 Plus Days
Payment Types Accepted:
#1264, Henry Atkin, 27 St. James's St., London: A 12 Bore Bar Action Sidelock Ejector with a post-1936 but pre-1954 new set of 30" English barrels that were installed by Charles Hellis and so marked "Charles Hellis & Sons Ltd., 121 & 123 Edgware Road, Hyde Park, London, W: They are dovetail lump & proved in Birmingham at 1 1/8 ounce with 2 1/2" and remain as such, They are at .739 .011 & .023 (Imp.Cyl. & Mod.), 2 1/2" chambers, Wall thickness on the right barrel at .0265" & .0255" on the left, Double triggers, Splinter forend, Straight hand stock at 15 x 1 1/2 x 2 1/8" over a 3/4" Silvers pad, It will go 15 1/4" with a 1" pad, Cast-off for the right hand, A slight swept comb & this piece comes to the eye perfectly, 6 lbs. 9 oz., Pretty decent wood with some color & contrast, Border engraved only. There are no case colors left but the engraving is sharp except for the trigger guard and tang. Originally stocked to the fences and has a solid receiver bottom. The wood remains very solid both fore and aft. The bores are excellent but it has a very slight outside surface blemish 1/2 way down on the right barrel on the bottom. This piece is ready for the 21st Century with an excellent set of modern and proved barrels that remain in excellent condition. This piece represents a pretty solid value for a Sidelock Ejector game gun that comes to the hand with ease and points like a dream with the slight cast-off & slight swept comb. ///////////////////////// Henry Atkin started in 1877 and was still in business in 1960 at which time they amalgamated with Stephen Grant & Joseph Lang and became Atkin, Grant & Lang Ltd. on 7 Bury St. and joined with Churchill in 1971.