Click Photo to Enlarge
When emailing or calling sellers direct, please mention that you saw their listing on GunsInternational.com
Member Since: 8/11/15
State: New York
Country: United States
Phone: (917) 748-1277
Seller Type:Private Seller
Return Policy: 3 day inspection and return policy on used guns.
Payment Methods: USPS money order or certified bank check
Lefever G grade "transition" gun - *RARE*
This is a unique Lefever. It is what we call a “transition gun,” as it bears the hallmarks of guns which were finished by Ithaca Gun Co. after it acquired Lefever Arms Co. Characteristics which indicate this are:
1. The grade stamp on the water table is “GE” indicating G grade ejector. Lefever never stamped their guns with an “E” to indicate ejectors, they only stamped the grade letter.
2. The fore arm hanger has a small “P” stamp on it.
3. The butt plate is not the standard interlocking “LAC” but instead a plate which is more familiar on Ithaca made “Nitro Special” guns.
4. The serial number is stamped twice on the barrels. If a gun were returned to Lefever for alteration they would re-stamp a new number on the bottom. But in this case, it’s the very same number as the original stamp. It was probably part of an inventory process Ithaca put in place when they took over.
5. The barrels are lightly engraved in front of the breech balls. * I have never seen this on any of the other roughly 40 other guns which bear the Ithaca production hallmarks. *
Condition: When I acquired this gun it was in great condition, but the barrels had been blued over many years ago. So Buck Hamlin did a complete restoration of the gun, and you can see the results of his barrel browning. There are restorations, good restorations…and Buck Hamlin restorations. His wait list is over a year!
This gun is super shootable with light loads, as the barrel walls are thick and the chambers are 2-3/4. I have used Fiocchi trainer 7/8oz with great success.
Do you drive a beige 4-door sedan? Do you enjoy eating at highway chain restaurants? Pass on this and go buy a Browning or Beretta over/under. Don’t forget to buy the matching shooting vest and hat. *S*
Do you have a unique aesthetic, possess an actual personality, and desire a unique piece of American history? Here’s your conversation piece. Welcome to flavor country.
* I am NOT a dealer.
** Due to NY State gun law, I MUST ship to an FFL, despite the fact that the gun is an "antique" according to the ATF.
*** Yes, I'm aware that's outrageous. I’m sorry…idiots are like flies in our state.
Manufacturer: Lefever Arms Co.
Model: G grade
Serial Number: 51,652
Barrel Type: Damascus
Gauge Info: 12
Stock Comb: 2-1/16
Stock Heel: 3-5/8
Weight: 8lb 2oz
Sights: front bead
Manufacture Date: 1915-1919
Choke Left: Light Full
Choke Right: Light Full