H. S. Greenfield & Son Matched Pair
Guns International #: 101607506 Seller's Inventory #:
Category: Shotguns - English - Shotguns - English Double
When emailing or calling sellers direct, please mention that you saw their listing on GunsInternational.com
Seller: Dismal River Armory
Company: Dismal River Armory
Member Since: 11/10/13
First Name: Brent
Last Name: Steffen
Country: United States
Phone: (308) 627-7270
Number of Active Listings: 191
Total Number of Listings: 3187
Seller: FFL Dealer
Return Policy: 3 day inspection and return policy on used guns.
No firing or disassembly of firearms. No return on non-gun items
Payment Types Accepted: Cash, Check, Money Order, Cashiers Check
H. S. Greenfield & Son, 4 & 5 Upper Bridge Street, Canterbury, Kent cosecutively numbered matched pair of lightweight game guns with 26" ejector dovetail lump barrels with Churchill ribs. Birmingham proved at .729, 3 1/4 Tons, 2 3/4" chambers. Both sets of barrels exhibit excellent bores. Bores and chokes are identical on both guns. Bores measure .732 on the right and .730 on the left. Choked .009 [IC] on the right and .019 [M] on the left. Fancy back scalloped recievers retain 90% vivid original color case hardening and 90% coverage of Holland & Holland style scroll engraving. Gold inlayed #1 & #2 on receiver, barrels, and forend on both guns respectively. Barrel, trigger guard, and floorplate blue remains at 98% on both guns. Stocked in nicely figured English Walnut with good color and contrast. Receiver drop points. Iniotialed stock ovals. Buttstocks show light field use with slightly more on the #1 gun. Lop is 14 1/2" to leather covered pads on both. DAC-1 1/2" DAH-2 1/8" Cast off 1/2" Both weigh 5lb 15oz
This is an outstanding and exactly matched consecutively numbered pair from an obviously very talented provincial maker that remain in high condition. Outstanding upland bird guns that you can carry all day. Top drawer stuff. I just doesn't get any better than this. Cased in their original monogramed leather motor case with canvas cover and cleaning rod also in very good condition.
H. S. Greenfield & Son began business in 1926 in a facility which had been previously continuously occupied since 1806 by gunmakers Wm. Green, James Adsett, and Isaac Fox. They then moved to 5 Dover St. in 1945 after destruction of the original facility by German bombs. In 1965 they moved to the 4 & 5 Upper Bridge Street adress. Harold S. Greenfield built guns from 1926 until 1975 with this fine pair built sometime between 1965 and 1975, the year in which he retired from gun building. Although no longer building guns H.S. Greenfield & Son remains a family business today in Sturry with a store, cafe, and shooting grounds oprated by his grandson.