ATKIN 12 SIDELOCK EJECTOR- 27 3/4" Bbls.- SLEEVED & PROVED in ENGLAND- VERY NICE ENGRAVING- CAME FROM ATKIN
Guns International #: 100434911 Seller's Inventory #: y494
Category: Stephen Grant Shotguns - Lang, Joseph Shotguns
When emailing or calling sellers direct, please mention that you saw their listing on GunsInternational.com
Company: Champlin Firearms Inc.
Member Since: 11/19/07
First Name: George
Last Name: Caswell
Country: United States
Phone: (580) 237-7388
Seller: FFL Dealer
Return Policy: 3 day inspection and return policy on used guns.
5 Plus Days
Payment Types Accepted:
#977, Henry Atkin (From Purdey's) 88 Jermyn Street Haymarket, London: A 12 Bore Bar Action Sidelock Ejector Made in 1897 and now with a new set of 27 3/4" Sleeved English barrels that were Proved in Birmingham 3 tons per square inch - 2 1/2" with the proper re-proof marks and correctly marked "sleeved", They are .731 .011 & .021" (Imp.Cyl. & Mod.), 2 1/2" chambers, Double triggers with the front articulated, Splinter forend, Straight hand stock at 15 1/16 x 1 7/16 x 2 1/16" over a checkered butt, Cast-off for the right hand, 6 lbs. 8 oz., Pretty decent wood with good color & contrast, The buttstock was replaced sometime during its history and has all the trappings of being done in England with excellent workmanship and pure English style, The forend appears original and has two well-done 1" splices on each edge near the forend tip, 95% coverage of very fine scroll in a classic pattern that remains crisp and sharp without being buffed, It is the #2 gun of a pair, It was originally proved at 1 1/8 ounce, The original side ribs were used when the new barrels were installed and the name/address is not very legible, The bores are as new and this piece is ready for the 21st Century with an excellent set of sleeved and English proved barrels. This piece represents a pretty solid value for a Sidelock Ejector game gun that comes to the hand with ease and points like a dream. The whole is cased in a very nice modern brass cornered leather trunk with a modern trade label and cleaning gear. This gun was bought direct from Atkin, Grant & Lang in 2001 when it then arrived on our shores. With their name on the piece, their sale of the now modern gun, it stands on its own two legs. ///////////////////////// Henry Atkin started in 1877 and was still in business in 1960 at which time they amalgamated with Stephen Grant & Joseph Lang and became Atkin, Grant & Lang Ltd. on 7 Bury St. and joined with Churchill in 1971.